Books

I have always thought that I had a slightly unhealthy enjoyment of books. I was hooked at a young age by my mother. Her father, my grand father, was a librarian and had instilled a love of reading in my mother that was given to me with time. After my mother hooked me, every time I went to the library I would consistently read more, and more complex books in hope of being satisfied. But one thing that I learned with time is that the more you read, the more there is a hunger inside you that keeps you reading, more and more.

Source

It got to the point that in  about fourth grade, I was reading about ninth grade level material and fully comprehending it. This also saw an increase in my language comprehension. And from that saw an improvement in my school work.

source

Now comes the sad point. With the major introduction of electronics into my life, I have slowly reading less and less over the years. Coming to the point where I could previously read through the entirety of a book, it would now take me about a week to get through the same book. This is not because I have slowed down my reading. It just takes longer to read. However, I still enjoy reading and loving picking up a book to read.

2 thoughts on “Books”

1. Hey Zane,
    I also like to read, but there is hardly any time for me to do so right now. My parents always told me that I started reading from quite a young age and it has always kept me interested in books. Continue reading!
    Jasim